It’s almost that time of year again when you can smell the fresh cut grass, the colorful flowers and perfect steak cooking on your gas grill! Before you begin months of barbecuing, it’s important to make sure your grill is in top condition. Using a gas grill that isn’t clean can be dangerous and even alter your cooking time and results. It doesn’t take long to freshen up your grill once a year and regular maintenance can keep it working for a long time. Here are a few simple things you can do to get the most out of your grill this season:
- Wash the exterior of the grill using warm soapy water rather than harsh chemicals that can damage paint or stainless steel. Use steel wool to clean any stubborn grease spots.
- Clean the drip pan. If it is really grimy, you can find a replacement at most hardware stores.
- Tighten any loose screws, handles and wheels.
- Check for gas leaks and damaged hoses. Replace any damaged pieces immediately. Gas leaks can be very dangerous.
- Make sure the burner flames are even. If they aren’t, clean the burners using a small wire brush or pipe cleaner and tap out any debris.
These steps won’t take long to do and will get you ready for a full season of delicious grilling!